10 WARNING SIGNS
Does your Partner:
- Put you down or call you names?
- Control where you go or who you spend time with?
- Hurt you by hitting, kicking, or strangling you?
- Blame you for their violent or abusive behaviors?
- Threaten to take your children away?
- Treat you like a servant or make all the decisions in the relationship?
- Prevent you from getting or keeping a job?
- Make or carry out threats?
- Make you afraid using looks or gestures?
- Pressure or force you into unwanted sex?
If you recognize any of these signs, or if you or someone you know is in an abusive relationship, there is help available. It is not your fault and you are not alone. See the services we offer at Steps to End Domestic Violence.
For immediate help, call our HOTLINE at 802-658-1996 or call the Vermont Domestic Violence hotline at 1-800-228-7395. Both lines are answered 24/7.