SAFE AT WORK NETWORK
Domestic violence can affect every aspect of one's life, including the workplace. This can result in lost productivity, safety issues for the organization, and ultimately the business' bottom line. We can help increase awareness of the impact of domestic violence on your business and how best to respond to it.
The Safe at Work Network is comprised of businesses in Chittenden County, Vermont that acknowledge the seriousness of domestic violence and its impact on the workplace.
The goals of the safe at work Network are to:
- Improve workplace safety
- Decrease workplace isolation for those experiencing domestic violence
- Help businesses pro-actively prepare for and respond to domestic violence in the workplace
- Create a safe and strong community
- Help you to incorporate domestic violence language into your personnel policies
- Provide training to staff on domestic violence
- Help you to establish a culture of awareness, acceptance, and protection of your greatest assets - your employees.
- Provide you with Safe at Work Network decals and posters so people will see your commitment to helping prevent domestic violence in your community.
- Provide support and resources to the organization should a domestic violence issue arise in your workplace.
For more information contact steps@stepsVT.org.